Thursday, June 14, 2012

Top 5 Workout Songs To Keep You Motivated.


Top 5 Workout Songs That Will Keep You Motivated.

Lets face it, working out sucks for the most part. But you can making working out muchmore fun if you listen to music. Music can keep you going for longer and make you want to workout more. Who didn’t want to get up and throw a few air punches when you heard the Rocky theme? Here are my top 5 songs that keep me going when I’m on the treadmill. This list will change often and i will most likely make one every two weeks as i do get bored of the same songs. Most of these songs will be current to the date with some oldies that i have rediscovered thrown in. So, Lets burn that fat!
5. Princess of China by Coldplay and Rihanna    (3:58)
This song is perfect for warming up and getting your heart rate up. It is a good time for a nice warm up and the beat of the song will get you on the right track and mind-frame. I love this song at the moment. You can get lost in this song as it tells a story and you wont realize how fast those first 4 minutes go.
Motivational Lyric:
                       ”Once upon a time somebody ran
Somebody ran away saying fast as I can
I got to go, I got to go”
4. Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds. (3:41)
Upping the tempo of your workout is easy with this song as it travels from a slower tempo to a much more rapid and strong beat that is sure to get you burning some serious calories. If i could, i would recommend you get Marinas new album, Electra Heart, as it is a really vibrant pop album.
Motivational Lyric: (not really motivational but the beat of the music on this part pushes me)
                          “The primadonna life, the rise and fall
You say that I’m kinda difficult
But it’s always someone else’s fault
Got you wrapped around my finger, babe
You can count on me to misbehave”

3. Bubblegum Bitch by Marina and the Diamonds. (2:33)
Listen to Bubblegum Bitch after Primadonna to boost the intensity up even more. Bubblegum bitch makes me pound hard on the treadmill and always pushes me to run that bit more. As the song isnt long you can be sure to be motivated to push yourself harder for an extra 2.33 minutes.
Motivational Lyric:
“I’ll chew you up and I’ll spit you out
Cause that’s what young love is all about.
So pull me closer, and kiss me hard
I’m gonna pop your bubblegum heart”
2. Lose Yourself by Eminem (5.22)
I just had to put this classic workout song on my list as it never fails to motivate me when i am running. The lyrics of Eminem really make me want to better myself .
Motivational Lyric:
            “You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go”
1. In for the Kill by La Roux. (4.09)
The lyrics of this song are perfect for exercise. The beats of this song will really drive you to go that bit further in your exercise and give you the results you want.
Motivational Lyric:
“I’m going in for the kill
I’m doing it for a thrill”
 Total workout time: 19.6 minutes.
I do HIIT so this is a perfect time for me. Hope you enjoyed some of the songs and got some new ones to add to your playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment